Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sheffield Half 12th April

Sheffield Half 12th April 8 years 11 months ago #7

• Andrew Byrom
Well really enjoyed that. A tough course with a big hill from about mile 1 up to mile 5.2. Ended up on the edge of the Peak District overlooking the city. Got really lucky with the weather, sure it was blowy and it was a head wind all the way up the hill, but we ducked the storm that hit Leeds. The race had two further timed sections within the half marathon, a king of the hill 1 mile section and a downhill 10k. Really well organised and marshalled, though I understand the baggage collection was farcical and has led to a few complaints. I used the park and ride and tram from Meadowhall and headed back there afterwards with Pam & Sophie for food. For me a much improved route than the old Sheffield half, definitely tougher but more suited to me than a flat out half. Very pleased with my time and actually stuck to a race plan for once and felt comfortable all the way round. Going to book on for Leeds Half now.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Andrew Byrom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Sheffield Half 12th April