Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dublin Marathon Sunday 30 October 2016

Dublin Marathon Sunday 30 October 2016 7 years 10 months ago #1

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
Missed out on a place in the Yorkshire Marathon then how about this one for an Autumn marathon.

This trip is a regular fixture in the Pacers running and social calendar! The marathon itself has had good feedback from those that have run it previously and there is a great atmosphere, encouraging for first-timers. It is also a great marathon route for spectators, as you are able to see the runners at a number of locations during the race. Usually the ratio of pacers support crew to pacers running is 2:1! Although last year was a record 14 supporters to 2 runners!

Check it out for yourself on www.dublinmarathon.ie

We sort out our own accomodation and flights. We normally travel out on the Saturday and back on the Tuesday, although this year as the marathon is on the Sunday instead of the usual Irish bank holiday Monday, travel back on the Monday is possible.

We usually stay at Jury's Inn Christchurch, which is walking distance to start/finish of race and perfectly placed for our post marathon celebrations.

www.travelrepublic.co.uk

Alternatively there are many other hotels/B & B's to suit all budgets, although we recommend booking early due to it being a bank holiday in Ireland as well as the marathon weekend in Dublin.

Flights - Ryan Air flights from Leeds Bradford. Currently the prices are between £42 and £63 for return flights depending on your selected times.

Aer Lingus also now do flights from Leeds Bradford and their return flights are currently £82 per person.

All welcome to join us for the craic on this annual pilgrimage to Dublin (for the marathon and/or the Guinness!)

Please feel free to post any queries. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dublin Marathon Sunday 30 October 2016 7 years 10 months ago #2

Yes, this is a great marathon to do, Sarah. I did it a few years ago. The start was a bit of a damp squib, I thought, as everyone is lined up in separate streets and there was little in terms of atmosphere. However, once the race got going it was great. A warm, welcoming support from the Dublin people. They all shout "Fair play!" to you ( Irish for well done ) It's a great route, going through Phoenix Park, and all the sites in the City. Good expo the day before the race, with all sorts of exhibits - a bit like London, but smaller and very friendly. Post boozing goes without saying. Great pubs in Dublin, including those in Temple Bar, and we found a really lively place by the river called Zanzibar.
Easy flights from LBA, and there's a good bus service in Dublin to and from airport. I would certainly recommend this marathon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Dublin Marathon Sunday 30 October 2016