Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The return of the Tad 10 - 18th Sept 2016

The return of the Tad 10 - 18th Sept 2016 7 years 9 months ago #1

• Andrew Byrom
The Tadcaster 10 returns after a 15 year break on the 18th Sept 2016. Now I wonder if any Pacers have done this, I'm thinking John Pop or maybe Dave Burdon? Anyways I'm planning on running, though I'll be just back from Portugal so I'll be a few pounds heavier than normal. :woohoo:

Tadcaster 10
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Andrew Byrom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The return of the Tad 10 - 18th Sept 2016 7 years 9 months ago #2

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324

Myself and Don did it. My fledgling running career just started, I went hoping to get under 85 mins and was delighted to run 79 something and do 10 miles under 8 min mile pace. I was 28 or so; prime running years. I couldn't get within a mile of Don though, aged about 62 and he ran it in 71 mins.

I remember really enjoying the race. It returns on the same day as Kirkstall 7 - bit of a quandary.

Also in the 2001 results for the Pacers, Rob Samuels 61:35, Mick Bean 67:42, Kev Meakin 79:27, R Burton 84:50, Ron Daggett 96:33.
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Darryl Stead.

The return of the Tad 10 - 18th Sept 2016 7 years 9 months ago #3

• Andrew Byrom
I've done the Kirkstall 7 many times, so will aim to do Tad 10 instead. I am also interested how they'll cope with Kirstall Forge opening, the route for Kirkstall 7 goes up the A65. Cannot see they'll have permission to close the entry to the train station, so maybe Kirkstall will have a different route this year?

71 minutes at 62 - wow. :-)

The return of the Tad 10 - 18th Sept 2016 7 years 9 months ago #4

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
It's a busy day for races. It's also the inaugural Harrogate havarah 10 mile race, which I know several of us have signed up to and also the Club Anniversary Relay (which I believe starts at 12 noon).

The return of the Tad 10 - 18th Sept 2016 7 years 9 months ago #5

• Andrew Byrom
Hi Sarah, just goggled Harrogate havarah 10 mile and got nothing. What is this race?

The return of the Tad 10 - 18th Sept 2016 7 years 9 months ago #6

• James Clark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
I did it when I had just started out running in 2002. 66 mins and not even in the top 75. That year I started with the Rothwell 10k - sadly no more - and up to the Leeds half in the space of a month, with the Taddy 10 in between. It was my only my second race.

I remember giving a Steve Redgrave-like quote to my (now) wife when it was all over. It was baking that day and I had run almost twice as far as I ever had done before. I do remember it being pretty flat and pretty boring (country lanes racing).

Thanks for the heads-up. I might just do it. For old times' sake.

eee, them wer t'days...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races The return of the Tad 10 - 18th Sept 2016