Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dublin Marathon - Monday 28 October 2013

Dublin Marathon - Monday 28 October 2013 11 years 2 months ago #1

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
This trip is a regular fixture in the Pacers running and social calendar, with the number of participants increasing each year. Last year we had 22 Pacers in Dublin - 7 runners and 15 support crew. This year it is looking likely that more of us will be running.

The marathon itself has had good feedback from those that have run it previously and there is a great atmosphere, encouraging for first-timers.

www.dublinmarathon.ie

We sort out our own accomodation and flights. We normally travel out on the Saturday and back on the Tuesday. (Travel out on the Saturday is recommended as numbers need to be collected from the marathon expo on either the saturday or the sunday - so could be an issue if any delays with the Sunday flights.)

Last year the majority of us stayed at Jury's Inn Christchurch, which is walking distance to start/finish of race and perfectly placed for our post marathon celebrations. Currently there is a good deal through travel republic (£218 for 3 nights bed and breakfast - pay £1 now to reserve)

www.travelrepublic.co.uk

Others have stayed at Bewleys, which I also understand has a good rate at present.

Alternatively there are many other hotels/B & B's to suit all budgets, although we recommend booking early due to it being a bank holiday in Ireland as well as the marathon weekend in Dublin.

Flights - Ryan Air flights from Leeds Bradford. The return flights are not released for a few months yet as the weekend we go is the change over to the winter schedule. I will post again as soon as flights are released.

Please feel free to post any queries. :)
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Sarah Turner.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dublin Marathon - Monday 28 October 2013 11 years 2 months ago #2

• David Woodhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I'll keep an eye out for flights too.
5 of us going, me and grandad woodhead running, Ollie.W and Pudsey bear watching.
DW

Dublin Marathon - Monday 28 October 2013 11 years 2 months ago #3

Sarah,

Thanks for the information. Both myself and Catherine will be going this year. As Catherine's brother and family live on the outskirts of Dublin we may stay with them. We are both hoping to run.
Will be glad for an update on flights once available.

Thanks
Andrew
Andrew Smithurst

Dublin Marathon - Monday 28 October 2013 11 years 2 months ago #4

• Katy Ralph
Thank you Sarah that's really helpful.

I've reserved a room so I just need to let Jason know where we're going in October! :woohoo:

Katy

Dublin Marathon - Monday 28 October 2013 11 years 2 months ago #5

• Elaine Allan
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks for the info, I have booked us in

Elaine

Dublin Marathon - Monday 28 October 2013 11 years 2 months ago #6

One more for the support crew :)
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Dublin Marathon - Monday 28 October 2013