Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June

Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 11 months ago #1

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Now starting a thread for the Bradford Millenium Way. Looking to enter 5 teams, it would be great to have an all ladies team.
This is a great event and we are now looking for 50 runners plus about 10 to 12 reserves
Anyone interested please reply via forum or let Nigel Armitage or myself know.
If anyone not familiar with this relay event and would like more information please ask me when at the club and I will be happy to outline the details.

Names I am certain of so far are: -

Dave Burdon,
Jenny Cooper,
Dave Cooper.

(Apologies if you have already declared an interest and you are not listed but there has been that much going on I may have forgotten.

Many Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by John Pop.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bradford Millenium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 11 months ago #2

• Joy Good
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 68
Please could you advise speed abilities required and distances of legs?
Many thanks

Joy

Bradford Millenium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 11 months ago #3

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Hi Joy.
Lots of information on stbedesac1.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.html.

Basically Leg 1 Bingley (Beckfoot) to Marsh (16.2km) Hilly- Scenic (my favourite leg).
Leg 2 Marsh to Laycock (15.6km) Moorland Undulating Steep climb at end (Probably toughest leg)
Leg 3 Laycock to Silsden (12.9km) (Short climb to start then fast downhill) (Probably easiest leg)
Leg 4 Silsden to Ilkley (13.8km) (A big climb up Windy Nick but nice fast finish)
Leg 5 Ilkley to Bingley (17.6km) 1st half Moorland climb, 2nd half fast down Shipley Glen. (Longest leg)

Regards ability and pace, we are looking for all abilities. We have budgeted for 5 teams and it would be great if we can make that but much depends on the level of interest. We really need at least 60 runners to achieve this that is 5 teams and 10 reserves (we always need reserves).

Once we start getting names we will match pairs of runners up according to what looks the best match.

Bradford Millenium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 11 months ago #4

Hi Dave put me down for this any leg done 1 & 5 more than happy to do either of these again or a new challenge always a great event
Steve P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Burdon

Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 11 months ago #5

• Neil Wallace
Hi Dave,

Please put me on the list - really enjoyed this event last year and would encourage all suitable abilities to give it a go!

Happy to do any leg although would do #2 again (the hardest you say, eh!) or perhaps the glory run of #5.

NtS

Bradford Millenium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 11 months ago #6

• Lynn Arthurs
Hi Dave,

I would like to put my name forward if there is a slower team being entered? I run at about 10min/mile.

Thanks

Lynn
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June