Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June

Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 10 months ago #61

• Neil Wallace
Hi Tony,

I'd suggest asking either Dave Burdon or Nigel Armitage (Men's Captain) tonight... assuming your racing? Last year the pairs just turned up at leg start and were handed race numbers (Dave Burdon had already sorted). There is no physical baton but simply a hand touch at the transfer point.

Also, if you look at results from 2011 & 2012 you'll get an indication of timings. Likelihood, is our team will be mass starting at some point. The mass starts times are presented under 'Rules". The mass start for Leg 4 is 12.30. See link below.

johncarr5k.org.uk/site/bmw-relay-rules/

This is only my view, but I'd say get yourself sorted with cars and be ready to run from 11.50 onwards.

Importantly, note Rule 3 which states ALL pairs must finish together including the 200 yard access to change over. A 30 minute penalty may be applied.

Hope this helps.

N
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 10 months ago #62

• Matt Seal
Thanks Neil. Most useful.

Tony, based on this estimate of 11.50, I think we can sort the rest. I'll call you later this week.

Quick question to anyone knowing the race, when we did our recce, there was mention from our experienced guides that certain standard kit may be needed to be carried or we may be disqualified, although I can't see anything in rules re this. Anyone know if this is the case? Or can we rock up with just our normal running kit?

Ta. Looking forward to it.

Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 10 months ago #63

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Hi all will give an update on timings and other things later today, sorry wasn't sooner but not found enough time just recently.
Quick answer to Matt, this race does not carry the mandatory requirements that you may have seen in the Calderdale which is run under the FRA rules.
As I say will get back with an update later today (hopefully).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Antony Mawson

Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 10 months ago #64

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Here are some further briefing notes for the Bradford Millennium Way relay 2013. Further information is available on the Saltaire Striders web site at www.saltairestriders.org.uk.

All the maps and route descriptions are available on the site.

Team Numbers are as follows: -
A team 14
B team 15
Ladies team 16

You will need to register your arrival and pick up your numbers at the start of your leg. There is no specification that you must carry body cover but please consider the conditions for the day and carry whatever is appropriate. It is recommended that water should be carried if the day should be warm. There are cut off times at the start of each leg and all remaining teams will be set off on that cut off.

Please ensure you arrive in time as no allowance will be made for teams not ready at the cut off or when their team arrives.

The race starts at 8am and registration opens from 7am at the Bradford & Bingley Sports Club, Wagon Lane, Bingley. I will be at the start first thing on Sunday to register the final teams

Leg 1 runners need to be at Bingley no later than 7:40 this will allow me to provide you with your numbers and for you to get to the start (5 minute jog from HQ to Beckfoot Lane)

RACE STARTS 8AM.

The cut off for all remaining teams will be

Start Leg 2 10:00 am Start Leg 3 11:15 am Start leg 4 12:30 am Start leg 5 1:45 pm

Please note these are CUT OFF times but we always hope that all of our teams reach the end of their legs before the cut off times.

As a general guide last year our teams handed over at the following times: - Please err on side of caution (assume we are quicker than we might be) thus allowing time to park cars (both ends of the leg in many cases) and registering your arrival.

L1/2 handover (Marsh) A team -9:26 B team 9:28 C team 9:41 D team 9:46
L2/L3 handover (Laycock) A team 10:42 B team 11:07 C team 11:14 D team 11:30 (after cut off)
L3/L4 handover (Silsden) A team 11:46 B team 12:15 C team 12:27 D team 12:52 (after cut off)
L4/L5 handover (Ilkley) A team 12:58 B team 13:42 C team 13:58 (after cut off) D team 14:16 (after cut off)

Please obey the Country Code at all times and make sure you close any gates that you open and follow the course accurately. Cutting corners may save time but can annoy land owners and could jeopardise future running of the event.

Each pairing should run the leg together as you are expected to support each other. The time will only be taken when the second runner crosses the finish line. In the event of injury during the race please ensure the safety of the injured athlete and ask another team to pass a message to the nearest marshal. The organiser will allow teams to finish if a runner is injured but penalties will be applied.

There are a number of road crossings on the course, Please take utmost care. There is also a railway crossing on Leg 3, again please be vigilant and careful. Saltaire will be attempting to marshal the worst crossings but probably will be unable to manage all of them.

There is one further change to the teams as last published - Gary Bailey replaces Jim Cantwell on Leg 2 for A team. ( I will re publish teams on a later post and keep you updated of any further changes as appropriate through the week.

For those who want to make a day of it its a great race to follow and all support is much appreciated
Presentations are back at race HQ (Bingley rugby club) as soon as the last teams finish and refreshments are available. I think you can exchange your number for sandwiches usually.

I will be at the club on Thursday to deal with any queries or alternatively e mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or telephone on 0791 812 1778.

Many thanks everyone, hope you enjoy the day. Its usually a brilliant event and I am sure its going to be the same again on Sunday.

:cheer:

Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 10 months ago #65

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Latest Team News as of Thursday morning. :cheer:

Some changes to the team folllowing a couple of people having to withdraw.

Team 1
L1 Nigel Armitage/James Clark
L2 Gary Bailey (previously Jim Cantwell)/Richard Gibson
L3 Andy Hardaker/Dave Burdon
L4 Darryl Stead/Steve Boom
L5 Leigh Hinchcliffe/Simon Coughlan

Team 2
L1 Steve Pattison/Dave Cooper
L2 Neil Wallace/Andy Byrom
L3 Graham Fisher (Now Doubtful - Awaiting result of fitness test later today) /Steve Cowgill
L4 Tony Mawson/Matt Seal
L5 Dave Butler/Mark Smith

Reserves
Dave Magee, Simon Platt, Jim Wheldon, Jon Pop, Dave Roberts, Paul Gaille.

Team 3 Ladies -
L1 Sharon Hague/Jenny Cooper
L2 Elaine Allen/Loretta Robson
L3 Lyn Arthur/Carol Parkinson
L4 Rhea Blakeridge (previously Jessica Roberts)/Joy Good
L5 Kath Leslie/Carol Limbert

Reserves - Zoe Tebbutt, Karen Pickles, Sue Sharman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Good

Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June 10 years 10 months ago #66

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Further to yesterday's team postings we have a further change. Unfortunately Graham Fisher is now out with an injury, :sick:.
Jon Pop has kindly agreed to run in Graham's place. :cheer: Thanks Jon.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Bradford Millennium Way Sunday 16th June