Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bradford 10K

Bradford 10K 10 years 11 months ago #1

• Karen Fawcett
Set a new PB this morning - 1.05 - absolutely delighted. Thank you so much to the Pudsey Pacers who cheered me on. :)

I was quite anxious about this Race - my 2nd only 10k. Tried to keep an nice even 10.30 pace all the way around with the intention I would sprint the last mile or so but found the last mile so hard and the last quarter mile impossible. I just wanted it to finish and kept thinking to myself whatever you do - do not show yourself up and be sick as you get through the finish !!! Anyone who hasn't attempted a 10k before please believe me if I can do it then you can too. !!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bradford 10K 10 years 11 months ago #2

• Dave Hobbins
Good work Karen! Congratulations on the PB too! I ran it too and despite it being plugged as a flat course, I think it does have long spells where you seem to be running upward, and that's not including the two biggish hills up Little Germany and into Bolton Woods.

This is the first 10k I have run using a GPS watch and I had it on distance and pace setting and I seemed to spend far too much of the second 5k looking at the bloody thing and trying to get the pace up and subsequently getting frustrated, rather than concentrating on just getting my head down and getting on with it. Think for races in future will leave it at home!

I managed in the end to finish in 59 mins. 43 Seconds, which isn't a PB but on 8KM today, Sub 60 mins was looking very unlikely and it is almost 2 mins faster than when I ran it last year, so not too disheartened.

It was good to see some familiar faces and Pudsey Pacers vests en route, I'll have to get me one, I felt a bit left out!

Bradford 10K 10 years 11 months ago #3

• Andrew Hardaker
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
plus.google.com/photos/10985236415868829.../5871903633743008769

Well done today guys.

Dave don't know if you're on facebook so here is a link to some photos from today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Hobbins

Bradford 10K 10 years 11 months ago #4

• Dave Hobbins
Yup I am.

Great photos!

Saw you just coming on home straight with your camera and tried my best not to look half dead!
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds