Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Leeds Country Way 1st September

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 7 months ago #43

This message is for Dave Burdon.

Dave,

Sorry this is such short notice I am unable to take part in the LCW due to unforeseen work commitments.

Martin Robson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Burdon

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 7 months ago #44

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
I now have the race pack info for LCW however not at club tonight as sorting out arrangements for next weeks club run.

I will be putting detail on timings, rules and number details in next day so please watch this space.

We still need reserves, I also may now have a vacancy in the mens vets team although I am currently in negotiations :unsure: with someone to fill that berth.

:lol: Watch this space.

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 7 months ago #45

• David Woodhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I'm not going to be able to make it round leg 2.
It was another walk home with a pulled muscle tonight.
Can somebody contact Dave.C and tell him he's in.
I can still do the reccy, at a slow jog, on Monday if needed, but im just not up to racing.
DW

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 7 months ago #46

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Hi All - Some updated information: - NB This is the first of 3 important messages about next Sunday's event.

Firstly LATEST info I have on updated teams: - PLEASE NOTE TEAM NUMBERS

Updated teams: -

Open A Team. Team Number 17
Leg 1 - Nigel Armitage/James Clark
Leg 2 - Karen Pickles/David Coleman (Awaiting confirmation from David)
Leg 3 - Al Chapman/Richard Gibson
Leg 4 - Paul Gaille/Jim Cantwell
Leg 5 - Robert Samuels/Simon Coughlan
Leg 6 - Darren Burnley/ Gary Bailey

Reserve - None

Open B Team. Team Number 18
Leg 1 - Mark Pawson/Mark Smith
Leg 2 - Tony Mawson/ Richard Allen (Awaiting confirmation from Richard)
Leg 3 - Andrew Smithurst/Steve Cowgill
Leg 4 -Andrew Byrom/Neil Wallace
Leg 5 - Roy Bamford/Jon Pop
Leg 6 -Graham Fisher/John Woodhead

Reserves - Sam Hurrell
David Owen
Please note this team may be subject to change as I may need to ask one of the men (over 40 years old) to run with the Vets team and then backfill with a reserve.

Men's Vet Team. Team Number 19
Leg 1 -Dave Butler/David Kirk
Leg 2 -Dave Cooper/Steve Pattison
Leg 3 -Mark Nolan/Mark Dixson
Leg 4 -Darryl Stead/To be announced - On assumption Steve Boom not fit - Steve please confirm.
Leg 5 - Jim Wheldon/David Hudson
Leg 6 - Dave Burdon/Andy Hardaker

Reserve - Urgently Needed (Must be male and over 40)

Ladies Team. Team Number 20.
Leg 1 - Kath Leslie/Lorreta Robson
Leg 2- Jenny Cooper/Sharon Hague
Leg 3- Sue Ransome/Lucy Armstrong
Leg 4 - Katy Ralph/Joy Good
Leg 5 -Carol Parkinson/Lyn Arthurs
Leg 6 -Trish Pop/Ann Francis
Reserves - Caroline Clarke
Possibly Sara Demaine

In the case of Leeds Country Way the numbers are sent to the team captain so I need to see as many of you as possible during the next week. I will be looking to do this as efficiently as possible so as long as I see one of each pair of runners I can pass the partners number through that way.
I will be at the club on Tuesday and also at the Club run which will be at Otley Chevin on Thursday. I am also fairly flexible about any special visits or meetings with people if this is not possible but it would be great if you could get to the club Tuesday or club run Thursday even if you are not running.

Some rules: -
All members of the team MUST wear running numbers and ensure they complete personal details on the reverse. These numbers must not be exchanged.
Numbers will be exchanged for food (Pie and Peas) at The Podger Pub (opposite Garforth Squash Centre) after 16:30 hours for anyone wanting to go and see the finish and of course for those on the glory leg (Leg 6).
Club Colours must be worn.
All teams register at Garforth Sports and Leisure Centre Ninelands Lane on race day before 7:45 am (I WILL DEAL WITH THIS FOR ALL 4 TEAMS)
Race starts at 8am
Anyone found deviating from the route will be time penalised.
Should any team retire from a leg they MUST inform a race marshal.
No runner will be allowed to run more than one leg.
Teams must finish the individual legs with both runners failure to do so may lead to disqualification. A default of 3 hours will be given for any leg not completed by both runners.
Please follow Country Code at all times.
Please show consideration to residents and private property.

Some sensible practice to alleviate risks.
Run routes beforehand (reccies)
Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration - Water will be available at checkpoints (It is not mandatory to carry fluids whilst running but you may wish to consider this particularly if the weather is hot).
This is multi terrain therefore many potential trip areas, please keep to paths where possible.
There are a number of road crossings please take care.
The route is a public footpath and is open to the general public, please be considerate and courteous to other users of the Leeds Country Way.
If a runner gets injured on route please report to other runners for them to get messages to nearest checkpoint from where we can send first aid. ;)

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 7 months ago #47

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Hi all message 2 of 3 - This one is about car parking, changeover points and cut off times.

Cut off time means that all runners who are still awaiting handover of baton by a certain time will go on a mass start.

Car Parking can be an issue - wherever you park please do so with consideration and courtesy for local residents as we do not wish to jeopardise future races.
Consider car sharing with other team members or if you can get people to drop you off even better.

Start and Finish.
Both the start and finish will take place at Garforth Sports and Leisure Centre where there is adequate car parking.

1st changeover- Playing fields Stanley. (CUT OFF TIME 10:00 AM)
Adequate parking is available around the area please DO NOT park on the main road (A642). The Grove Park pub is now closed so parking here is at your own risk. Please note there is a minor change to the route from last year with a new gravel pathway in place and route description has been amended accordingly on the website.

2nd changeover - Playing fields Scotchman Lane (CUT OFF TIME 11:45AM)
Limited parking is available around Scotchman Lane Please try not to congest Scotchman Lane

3rd changeover - Playing fields Thornbury (CUT OFF TIME 1:15PM)
There is parking in the side streets off the dual carriageway but none in the adjacent cricket field.
NB: POLICE WILL PROSECUTE ANYONE PARKING ON YELLOW LINED SECTIONS OF DUAL CARRIAGEWAY.

4th changeover - Golden Acre Park (CUT OFF TIME 2:30PM)
There is car parking in the main car park although this does get busy with day trippers. Changeover point is on grass area immediately after the tunnel adjacent to the car park. Official route for Leg 4 runners follows right hand park boundary fence to Otley Rd along the road to the personnel gate ahead to the car park left and under the tunnel. teams will be sent back or time penalized for short cutting this section.

5th changeover -Thorner Lane Scarcroft (CUT OFF TIME 3:30PM)
There is a change to the car parking arrnagements - There will be a field provided for race car parking, this is 100 metres from the changeover points and will be signposted. PLEASE ENSURE YOU USE THIS if you are leaving a car there as this has been provided to overcome long standing problems on this changeover point.

I shall provide a third message detailing previous times achieved to try and help people gauge what time they need to be at the changeover points.

Many Thanks

B)

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 7 months ago #48

• Sara Demaine
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hello Dave

I'm sorry that I cant be a reserve now, I'm slowly building it up but after this weeks effort it wouldn't be a great idea to risk a setback, plus I have absolutely no stamina!! :( Good luck Ladies :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Burdon
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Leeds Country Way 1st September