Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Leeds Country Way 1st September

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 6 months ago #61

• kath Leslie
I know I said I would not say anything but I'm going to. Just want to say how proud I am of Loretta for keeping running despite the nasty ankle injury. What a trooper
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by kath Leslie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 6 months ago #62

Hi kath. The word you should have used was stupid. Anyway, the best of luck to everyone doing the leeds country way today.

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 6 months ago #63

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Hi everybody.
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all those involved in the Leeds Country Way event yesterday.

Once again it was a fantastic day out, I was doing leg 6 this year which meant I was able to get round all the handover points and it was great to see to see quite a lot of the action unfold, As always there will be tales of outstanding run's, near misses, and of course unfortunate errors that will no doubt provide us with much banter over the next few days.
I am very proud of all our runners achievements yesterday, you all displayed team spirit and sportsmanship throughout, it was good to see you helping each other and I know that Lorretta ran through the pain barrier to complete her run. Looking at some of the facebook comments it also sounds like Joy took a bit of a tumble so hope you are both ok and that you have not been put off taking part in these events.

I am afraid I don't have any official results for you yet. I know the A team finished 4th and that we picked up a couple of awards for fastest runners on 2 of the legs. These were Leg 2 where Karen Pickles and David Coleman won the fasted mixed pairing (by a good 29 minutes I believe). Also on Leg 6 where Gary Bailey and Darren Burnley proved to be the fastest pairing (I think they knocked that off in about an hour which is some going).

All in all a great day once again many thanks.

:cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Cowgill, kath Leslie, Antony Mawson

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 6 months ago #64

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Thanks for co-ordinating and "being there" for all enquiries etc., Dave - not an easy task.
Enjoy the longish rest before the next relay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Burdon

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 6 months ago #65

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Oh and can we order a Sat Nav or borrow Marley Byrom for Mr Cowgill!? Going wrong in Howden Clough wood is understandable, but rumour has it he went wrong in Pudsey.

:ohmy:

Leeds Country Way 1st September 10 years 6 months ago #66

• Antony Mawson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
Hi Dave

Many thanks for all your input with this event and your support at the start and finish of leg 2.

It was certainly an interesting finish with the vets team chasing me and Richard down over the last few miles, It took a bit of effort to keep them behind but we did manage it (just!!)

Cheers

Tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Burdon
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Leeds Country Way 1st September