Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Beginners Cyclocross Race 17th Nov

Beginners Cyclocross Race 17th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #1

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
All,

Anyone with a bike? MTB, hybrid, ever fancied cyclocross but felt its too serious? There's a beginners only race at Ilkley (event is from ilkley lido) on the 17th as part if their go cross race event. Perfect if you've ever wanted to just give it a try. 5 quid, 25 minute race.

Cyclocross racing is based on a lap format. Around about a mile in length and you do as many as you can in the alloyed time with the bell signalling your last lap. Courses are not technical, great fun high intensity work out.

Also usual array of children's, youth, seniors men and women, vets etc races through the day.

Darryl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Beginners Cyclocross Race 17th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #2

• caroline clarke
Would love to but don't have a bike yet. Looking for a cyclocross bike for a small person and can't find one until Jan. Any suggestions?

Beginners Cyclocross Race 17th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #3

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
Hi Caroline,

You can do these on any bike, borrow a mountain bike?

For CX bike, Planet X are doing a well spec'd carbon CX bike (planet X XLS SHIMANO 105) at the moment for £999 which is fantastic value. Compare that withy the big manufacturers and what you'd pay for a Carbon bike.

Boardman have a decent one, CX comp, for £599 and do an extra small frame size. They also have a CX team which is a better spec than the comp at £899 (but you may as well pay an extra 100 and get the PX).

I wouldn't look any further than those two unless you're looking to pay for something a bit more blingy.

Darryl

Beginners Cyclocross Race 17th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #4

• Steve Boom
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Had a butchers at this on the Planet X website but it was listed as unavailable. Got in touch with them and next delivery for my size is 24/12/2013. Bugger!

Any other recommends Darryl or am I better waiting till January?

Cheers, Steve

Beginners Cyclocross Race 17th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #5

• caroline clarke
Steve

I bought the XLS in small from Planet X yesterday. Rode into town for first time today (never been clipped in before). Terrifying but great bike. Wait til Jan

Caroline

Darryl, you should be on commission

Beginners Cyclocross Race 17th Nov 10 years 5 months ago #6

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
Nice bike Caroline! Good choice. 3 peaks CX next year? Harriers vs cyclists this month, now you have a choice, then illley CX the day after.

Steve, for the sake if a month I'd wait and get the PX. Have a look, There's nothing else that spec for the same price - worth canvasing opinion though, Gary Bailey maybe. I can lend you an MTB for Ilkley if you fancy a crack at it - should fit you or you can just use the CX bike I ride when I've done my race.

Darryl
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Other Races Beginners Cyclocross Race 17th Nov