Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: InHouse 2016/2017

In House 2015 Races & Rules 8 years 1 month ago #1

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
All,

AGM approaching all club roles are up for grabs. I've ran the in-house for some year now - if anyone would like to run it I am happy to step aside.

If I run it again next year then I am considering the format. I've had some people suggest a fixed series of races would be better - say 12 races. With the limited races it would encourage more Pacers to turn up to the smaller set and compete on the day. Whilst the current format is very flexible some feedback suggests it is difficult to understand.

Please let me have any suggested for consideration so I, or whoever runs it next year, can see what the membership want and how to incorporate suggestions.

Darryl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Good, Dave Burdon , William Overton, Garry Leedham

In House 2015 Races & Rules 8 years 1 month ago #2

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Hi Darryl.
Thanks for all you do with the in house, over the years you have introduced a number of innovative formats all of which seem to have worked well.
I am sure if you continue to carry out the role it will continue to be popular whatever the format.
Interesting that there is a suggestion to have a fixed series of races (12 for the year). This of course has been done before and it may be time to return to it, as you say it would hopefully encourage more runners to attend and gives opportunity to focus on certain races. I suspect it may be simpler for you or whoever to administer.
I quite like the idea of having 12 fixed races but would the proposal be to have a varied type of race (eg: - fell/Road). Also would we continue to account for age groups.
Other suggestions could be to have 12 Off road races (for an off road championship) and 12 road races for a road championship. Similarly there could be 10k/10 mile/ Half Marathon etc championships. I also quite like an idea that LBT have which is for every month they mob attend a local Park Run (different one each month) and have a Park Run championship (I think they use the Park Run Age related % as scoring system). Whatever we choose to do and however we choose to do it, I for one am firmly in favour of our In House championship continuing and it would be great if we can continue to create it in such a way that anyone in the club can potentially win (obviously whilst maintaining healthy competition) and therefore retain that feeling that it is inclusive to everyone in the club.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Clark, Joy Good, Paul Dewhirst

In House 2015 Races & Rules 8 years 1 month ago #3

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
All,

A pointer to a poll on the inhouse (Members only so you'll only be able to access when logged in)

www.pudseypacers.com/forum/member-polls/...-inhouse-preference#

Darryl.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum In House Comp InHouse 2016/2017