Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bradford Millenium Way Relay - Sunday 28th June

Bradford Millenium Way Relay - Sunday 28th June 8 years 11 months ago #1

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Bradford Millenium Way Relay. - The relays are starting to come thick and fast and hot on the heels of Calderdale we now have Bradford Millenium Way which this year will be held on 28th June. I am now looking to check the level of interest before we decide how many teams to enter. If you are on facebook or the forum then please register your interest on one of these sites as I can't guarantee I will remember all the names of people who mention it when we are out running (probably an age thing)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bradford Millenium Way Relay - Sunday 28th June 8 years 11 months ago #2

Hi Dave please put my name down for BMW as always any leg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Burdon

Bradford Millenium Way Relay - Sunday 28th June 8 years 10 months ago #3

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Bradford Millenium Way Teams
Here are the 3 teams for the event 28th June.
A team
L1 - James Clark and Rich Allen
L2 - Paul Merv Gaile and Karen Pickles
L3 - John Marshall and Rob Dixon
L4 - Daz Burnley and Luke McQuade
L5 - Neil Wallace and David Cooper
Reserves - James Cantwell and Nigel Armitage

B team
L1 - Dave Butler and Anna Keys
L2 - Michael Dixon and Mark Dixson
L3 - Mark Smith and William Overton
L4 - Shaun Denham and Steve Pattison.
L5 - Philip Lonsdale and David Nunn
Reserves - David John Burdon and Andrew Hardaker

Ladies team
L1 - Caroline Clarke and Sarah Booth
L2 - Jenny Cooper and Harriet Kirk
L3 - Mandy Bannister and Beth Bray
L4 - Sara Barton and Natalie Tordoff
L5 - Sue Ransome and Nic Anness
Reserve - Lynn McCormick Arthurs

With the exception of Lynn and myself all our reserves are reserves because they have asked to be, due to niggling injuries. These teams are now fixed but if anyone still wants to put their name down as a reserve then I will add to the list. Its very unusual for there to be no changes so any extra interest always appreciated. I will be putting stuff out regarding the race in the coming days but more information can be found on Saltaire Strider's site. saltairestriders.org.uk/…/bradford-millennium-way-r…/ In the meantime I am happy to help with reccies. I am very knowledgeable of Legs 1/3 and 5. Less so of 2 and 4.

Bradford Millenium Way Relay - Sunday 28th June 8 years 9 months ago #4

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Here are the details of the Bradford Millennium Way relay 2015. Further information is available on the Saltaire Striders web site at www.saltairestriders.org.uk. All the maps and route descriptions are available on the site.

Please ensure you have reccied the legs before the race date. If you find any issues before the race please let me know so that I can advise Saltaire.

Team Numbers are as follows: - A team 24 B team 25 Ladies 26

You need to register and pick up your numbers at the start of each leg. There is no specification that you must carry body cover but recommendations are that runners consider the conditions and carry whatever is appropriate. It is recommended that you carry water if the day should be warm. There will be at least one water station on each leg but that will not necessarily be half way. There are cut off times at the start of each leg and all remaining teams will be set off on that cut off. Please make sure you are aware of the cut offs.
No allowance will be made for teams not ready at the cut off or when their team arrives.
The race starts at 8am and registration opens from 7am at the Bradford & Bingley Sports Club, Wagon Lane, Bingley. Provided I am not drafted in as a reserve on Leg 2 I will ensure I register the 3 teams at Bingley. Leg 1 runners need to make sure they allow time to jog to the start.

The cut off for all remaining teams will be
Start Leg 2 10:00 am Start Leg 3 11:15 am Start leg 4 12:30 am Start leg 5 1:45 pm

Please obey the Country Code and make sure you close any gates that you open and follow the course accurately. Cutting corners may save time but can annoy land owners and could jeopardise future running of the event.
Each pairing should run the leg together as we expect them to support each other. (PLEASE LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER - this is really important, hopefully I have got compatible pairings but anyone can have a bad day and it can be very demoralizing if one of the runners is struggling only to see the stronger runner running off so work together at all times). The time will only be taken when the second runner crosses the finish line. In the event of injury during the race please ensure the safety of the injured athlete and ask another team to pass a message to the nearest marshal. Teams will be allowed to finish if a runner is injured but penalties will be applied.

There are a number of road crossings on the course and you must take utmost care. Saltaire will be attempting to marshal the worst crossings but probably will be unable to manage all of them.

Please note that there may be a route change at the end of leg 1 due to an objection being raised by a farmer whose land the footpath runs across. I will try and send an update email nearer the time and information will be provided at the start of the leg.
Bradford MillenniumWay Relay
Information

1. The race will start on Beckfoot Lane, Bingley and will finish at the Bradford and Bingley Rugby Club.
2. Registration will be at the Bradford and Bingley Rugby Club, Wagon Lane, Bingley from 7am. All clubs must provide a list of runners for all legs and their telephone numbers prior to the start of the event. (I will deal with this)
3. Please note it is a 5 minute jog to the start of the race and involves crossing a major road.
4. Numbers will be distributed at the start of each leg. Please arrange to be there in plenty of time to register.
5. Drinks will be available at the end of each leg, clubs must provide/carry their own drinks if they think they will be required en route.
6. The race will follow the route as described in the booklet Bradford’s Millennium Way available from Bradford Information Centres. Route descriptions and maps for each leg along with suggested parking areas are included on Saltaire's web site.
7. There are major road and rail crossings on the course. They must be treated with great care. There will be warning signs on the approach to these crossings.
8. Please obey the Countryside Code and ensure that all gates are left in the state they were in when you arrived. Please respect the landowners and their property.
9. Suggested car parking arrangements are included on web site, please ensure that your vehicle is not causing an obstruction in any way.
10. The organisers will not be able to provide any transport of people or equipment around the route except in an emergency.
11. Recceing of the course is highly recommended but please follow the footpaths and do not cut corners particularly over private land. The race will only succeed with the goodwill of landowners.
12. There will be first aid kits available at the end of each leg. Please ask a marshall if you require assistance.
13. Please ensure youcarry appropriate clothing and food or drink dependant on the weather.
14. Route descriptions are available from the www.saltairestriders.org.uk web site.

Leg records and last years times are available on the web site at www.saltairestriders.org.uk.
Please ensure you allow time to park cars at both ends of the leg(if you are doing this) and be ready for changeover

Any queries please see me at the club or message me via forum/facebook.

Bradford Millenium Way Relay - Sunday 28th June 8 years 9 months ago #5

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Bradford Millenium Way
Latest team changes - Beth Bray moves from ladies team to A team to run with Rob Dixon (same leg L3). Lisa Heath comes in to the ladies team to run with Mandy Bannister on leg 3. Andy Hardaker will now run leg 5 in the B team with Phil Lonsdale.

Reserves - it might look like we have a reserve left for each team but bear in mind Nigel and Harriet are injured so basically there is me unless we have any last minute volunteers to add their names to the reserve list.

I will be posting some further instructions regarding the route later today. Hopefully you are all ok with the logistics and travel arrangements. Please ensure you build in time for leaving cars at either end if that is what you are doing. If anyone needs any telephone numbers of their partners or others doing the same leg then please private message me and I will provide..

A team
L1 - James Clark and James Cantwell
L2 - Paul Merv Gaile and Karen Pickles
L3 - Beth Bray and Rob Dixon
L4 - Daz Burnley and Luke McQuade
L5 - Neil Wallace and David Cooper
Reserves - Nigel Armitage

B team
L1 - Dave Butler and Anna Keys
L2 - Michael Dixon and Mark Dixson
L3 - Mark Smith and William Overton
L4 - Shaun Denham and Steve Pattison.
L5 - Philip Lonsdale and Andrew Hardaker
Reserves - David John Burdon

Ladies team
L1 - Caroline Clarke and Sarah Booth
L2 - Nic Annes and Lynn McCormick Arthurs
L3 - Mandy Bannister and Lisa Heath
L4 - Sara Barton and Natalie Tordoff
L5 - Sue Ransome and Jenny Cooper
Reserve - Harriet Kirk

Bradford Millenium Way Relay - Sunday 28th June 8 years 9 months ago #6

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Here is some further important route information concerning Leg 1, think actually that this is the same as last year. Also there is some info relating to facilities at Laycock although I suspect it will be the Leg 2 runners taking advantage of the cakes rather than Leg 3 runners. Finally there are toilet facilities at the start of Leg 4 - Read on -
• At the end of leg 1 we will follow the route adopted last year in Oxenhope. When you descend onto Shaw Lane you continue on the road round the corner and all the way up to Marsh Lane where you turn right and continue until a footpath on the left leads up to Penistone Hill. This will be signed but please follow that route. We need to avoid Mouldgreave Farm where the owner has threatened violence to runners. Please ensure your leg 1 runners are aware. We will brief at the start.
• At the end of Leg2/Start of Leg 3 Laycock villagers are opening the village hall to allow runners to use the toilets but will also be offering Tea Coffee and cakes. It would be much appreciated if we could encourage runners to avail themselves of this offer. They are very helpful in Laycock and if we can raise some money to help keep the hall maintained it would be appreciated.
• There will be PortaLoos at the Silsden handover (leg 4 start leg 3 finish). Could we encourage runners to use these and not the waste ground in the area? Again it assists with relationships with the village
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Bradford Millenium Way Relay - Sunday 28th June