Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fangs For The Memories 2 Oct Charity Event

Fangs For The Memories 2 Oct Charity Event 8 years 6 months ago #1

• Joy Good
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 68
A request from one of our Run England beginners:
Firstly let me say how much I am enjoying the Wednesday night course and how much you all bring to the pot in different ways. Your support is always welcomed and very much appreciated ☺

I have a question for you all and I don’t know if it is something you would like to do or something you may think is suitable but I will ask anyway. As you may or may not know I run a little walking group called the Rambling Badgers. www.theramblingbadgers.walkingplaces.co.uk (I need to catch up with the updates)

We formed on Valentine’s Day 2010 as me and Leanne went off to climb Great Whernside from Kettlewell. The intention was for the two of us to climb the 40 peaks in the Yorkshire Dales that stand over 2000ft during the course of that year before we got married on 6th November. Along the way we thew open invites to our close friends and with a little surprise and and a great deal of pleasure we found people came and joined us on our quest. So much so that on 18th September after 18 walks five of us completed all 40 by walking up Whernside, Yorkshire highest point. From that point we have continued to walk in the Dales as well as the Lake District, Peak District, North Yorks Moors and many other more local locations. In 2011 Leanne and I went to Jersey for a holiday and walked the 50 mile long coastal footpath which was a great walk. All of which is nice, but isn’t the reason for the request. Each year we organise or take part in a sponsored walk and try and raise money for charity. The charities we raise money for are Cancer Research, Mind, British Heart Foundation, Stroke Association and the Neo Natal Unit at Leeds Teaching Hospitals. This year as it was the Badgers fifth anniversary I thought we may be able to set the bar a bit higher and aim to raise £10,000 to split equally amongst the aforementioned charities. We have held various events as well as the sponsored walk and the total currently sits just below the £7,000 mark. We have another event coming up and I wondered if any of you individually or the Pudsey Pacers would be interested in coming along?

The event in question is a murder mystery evening and will take place on Friday 2nd October at the Cornmill Lodge Hotel. Tickets are £12.50 each and will include supper which will probably be pie and peas (is that good food for runners?) We have a maximum number of teams which is 12 and each team should consist of 8-10 people although I may be able to accommodate a couple either way. If you have never attended anything like this, there will be actors who perform scenes in the middle of the room and at various intervals you get to question each suspect. Then you submit an answer and see how you got on☺. The nights are fun and light hearted rather than being serious quiet affairs which means even if you aren’t a closet Sherlock (like myself) you will still enjoy it.

The story this time is “Fangs For The Memories” and is based around an aging horror actor.

So, there you have it. If you would like to come along, support us and have some pie and peas then please do let me know and I will reserve you a table.

Dave Ingham: c/o This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Social Events Fangs For The Memories 2 Oct Charity Event