Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: STRAWBERRY STUMBLE-Thursday 28 July

STRAWBERRY STUMBLE-Thursday 28 July 7 years 8 months ago #1

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
July Club Social Run - Next Thursday 28th July is the monthly club run - the popular Strawberry Stumble. It is a run for all abilities. There are a choice of 3 short routes (1.3 miles, 2.2 and 2.6 miles (according to GPmapometer but if anyone has a more accurate measure of the Keeper Lane Crawl and Foxtrot can you let me know). You choose to do any combination of 2 or 3 of the routes so you can run as far as you feel like running. All routes start and finish just outside Fulneck School. After you have finished your first route and before commencing your next route there will be a Pimms or soft drink for you. Pimms and strawberries at the end of the run.

You do not wear watches and we ask you to guess what time you think you will complete your chosen run in. The closest to their estimated time wins a prize (it is the same principle as Santa's Sherry Stumble in the winter).

Meet near Fulneck School at 6.40pm for the usual 7.00pm start. Please be considerate of residents when parking. Parking best near Bankhouse pub and walk/run along. We will also run over to Fulneck with anyone who turns up to meet at the Leisure Centre as normal.

The social afterwards is at The Bankhouse pub with chip butties (£1.50).

Details of the routes - the Fartown Express (road -1.3 miles), the Foxtrot (road and off road mixed approx. 2.2 miles) and the Keeper Lane Crawl (off road approx. 2 miles (can someone please verify this) - will be available shortly.It would help with organisation if you could all give some thought beforehand to your chosen routes and estimated times. Something for everyone!

Please also come along if you are injured or not running as help is required with the Pimms (!) and timings etc.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Sarah Turner.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Good, Melissa Stead

STRAWBERRY STUMBLE-Thursday 28 July 7 years 8 months ago #2

• Leigh Hinchliffe
Hi Sarah, I'll be around keeper lane Saturday so will try and measure it.

STRAWBERRY STUMBLE-Thursday 28 July 7 years 8 months ago #3

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
Thanks Leigh - you will know route if you have done it in previous years. Start on fulneck at top of golf club drive - run along road, down scholebrook lane, left over style and across fields parallel to beck, up Keeper Lane to the white house and return is the same route.

STRAWBERRY STUMBLE-Thursday 28 July 7 years 8 months ago #4

• Leigh Hinchliffe
hi Sarah, found this sketch from previous years and looks pretty much what i did last year. will measure it tomorrow morning.

Leigh
Attachments:

STRAWBERRY STUMBLE-Thursday 28 July 7 years 8 months ago #5

• Sarah Turner
  • Administrator
Hi Leigh - John has just noticed that I have got the route slightly wrong on my post above - it's not Scholebtook lane that you go down - it's lower bank house lane - sorry for confusion! Thank you

STRAWBERRY STUMBLE-Thursday 28 July 7 years 8 months ago #6

• Leigh Hinchliffe
Hi, keeper lane crawl measured in at 2.25m :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Social Events STRAWBERRY STUMBLE-Thursday 28 July