Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mucky Duck Club Trip - Sun 26 May

Mucky Duck Club Trip - Sun 26 May 10 years 11 months ago #1

• Jenny Cooper
The coach is booked, on-line race entry is open so all that remains is for me to start collecting names and money.

The annual club trip to the Mucky Duck 8.5 race multi-terrain race is open to all members inc family and friends. The trip will leave Pudsey at 8 or 8.30am then head to Driffield for the race start at 11am. Once the presentation has been done we will then head into York for drinks. Pick up from York about 5.30 with a view to heading to Pudsey for more drinks. Its bank holiday Monday the day after so no need to rush off home.

The cost of the trip excluding race entry fee is £12 per person. You don't have to run as this trip is good social event and the rugby club has good facilities and a great viewing deck. All members welcome but bus can only accommodate 48 pacers so in order to secure you place please let me or Neil Wallace have your name and money ASAP.

Thanks.
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Jenny Cooper. Reason: incorrect times originally
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mucky Duck Club Trip - Sun 26 May 10 years 10 months ago #2

• Jenny Cooper
Calling all Mucky Duckers - the coach will be leaving from the new pick up point outside Crossed Shuttle and will leave at 8.15am sharp. Do not be late, please arrive ready to run and enter on line if planning on running just to save time at the registration point. The race kicks off at 11am.

We still have a few spaces left so if anybody is still interested, you don't have to run as a very good host venue and you can grab a cuppa tea/coffee and bacon sarnie while the runners are out then go to the viewing deck to see the race unfold.

PS - if we don't fill the remaining spots I will need to ask for further small donation of everyone in order to cover the cost of the bus/toilet etc.. sorry - hopefully we will get a few more wanting to join us.

Mucky Duck Club Trip - Sun 26 May 10 years 10 months ago #3

• Jenny Cooper
Calling all Mucky Duckers - it is with regret that I have to announce that I will need to ask for a bit more money off everybody in order to cover the cost of the bus (including toilet facilities). The amount will only be £2 per person more, providing those who are still to pay, do pay.

Other options would be to cancel toilet and leave York an hour or so earlier - this I think would take the social event of the day away and mean lots of stoppages on the way home. I have opened offer up to other clubs this week but not had any takers yet.

However, I hope you will agree it is still good value for money and an enjoyable race day out. I am really sorry to have to do this but I calculated amount per head based on full bus as in previous years. (school girl error me thinks).

Hope this is OK with everyone, apologies once again and see you all 8.15am sharp outside Crossed Shuttle.

Mucky Duck Club Trip - Sun 26 May 10 years 10 months ago #4

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
The extra hour in York is a must as is the toilet on the coach - better than fiddling with a milk bottle.

So the extra £2 apiece is no problem, now where is Trish's purse...?

Mucky Duck Club Trip - Sun 26 May 10 years 10 months ago #5

• David Woodhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I've got a spare number (MOpen) for anybody that wants it.
I'll be there on the day to hand it over.
Dave

Mucky Duck Club Trip - Sun 26 May 10 years 10 months ago #6

• Neil Wallace
John Pop wrote:
... better than fiddling with a milk bottle.

Is this a euphemism...?

And is Trish's purse deep enough to hold coinage to cover all Pacers...? B)

NtS
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Social Events Mucky Duck Club Trip - Sun 26 May