Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: YVAA Cross-Country Championships - Sep 19, Whitby

YVAA Cross-Country Championships - Sep 19, Whitby 8 years 6 months ago #1

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Sad to learn that there is no interest in this race. With only 20-odd ish VetPacers doing the Vale of York Half the following day, that leaves loads of Plus35s available to do this Cross-Country season taster.

If you change your mind be quick to get your entry in, or I'll be running on my own :(

See www.yvaa.org for details.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YVAA Cross-Country Championships - Sep 19, Whitby 8 years 6 months ago #2

• Neil Wallace
Thanks John - 33 registered Pacers, plus a few others not selected as such online. Also, I understand a posse hosting Bramley Parkrun that day.

YVAA Cross-Country Championships - Sep 19, Whitby 8 years 6 months ago #3

• Jenny Cooper
its same day as Good Shepherd Fell race which fits in better with my Pendle training hence I'm doing that.
Soz.

YVAA Cross-Country Championships - Sep 19, Whitby 8 years 6 months ago #4

• James Clark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Don't get out of bed for anything less than 26.2 these days

YVAA Cross-Country Championships - Sep 19, Whitby 8 years 6 months ago #5

Hi Jon
Cant run this due to injury. I believe someone is holding a blue running jacket that i left on our last visit. I wonder if you could be so kind as to enquire and bring it back if found.
Lets Run!

YVAA X-Country Champs - Sep 19, Whitby (POSTPONED) 8 years 6 months ago #6

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Regretfully the YVAA have had to postpone this event, the 38th YVAA Cross-Country Championship.

Possibly due to James Clark not getting out of bed, Andy Hardaker mentioning cakes at the Bramley Park Run, or Jenny's date with the Good Shepherd, but more likely because the Half Marathon Championship (Vale of York) was also moved to this weekend. It's not like the old days: do a ParkRun, then a cross-country race on Sat afternoon, have a pint in the evening and do a Half Marathon on Sunday morning. :blink:

WilliamO, Sorry then, I cannot pick up the running jacket you left, I'll be staying in bed an extra few hours (not with JC I might add).

From Rob Kersey (YVAA Secretary):
"It is with great regret, given all the hard work the host club Loftus and Whitby have put into the organisation, that we have been forced to take the decision to postpone (and hopefully not cancel) the YVAA CC Champs on the 19th September. Unfortunately, due I suspect to the unfortunate clash with the Northern Road Relays and Yorkshire Wolds / YVAA ½ M Championships (Date was moved to this weekend), we have only had 70 entries for this event with many age groups not even having 3 runners. This low number would make a farce of the Championships and cause YVAA a considerable financial loss. To put the entry into perspective, while numbers do fluctuate from year to year over the past 4 years we have had 237, 280, 345 and 270 entries."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy Good, William Overton
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Vets' Races YVAA Cross-Country Championships - Sep 19, Whitby