Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vets XC relay 5 October 2013

Vets XC relay 5 October 2013 10 years 6 months ago #7

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Sorry, Trish nor I can do this this year, as we will be on holiday, awwww! I seem to remember a good team spirit at last year's event. Tim, you'll be fine. If you can locate the newsletter on the website from last year, you can read my report.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Vets XC relay 5 October 2013 10 years 6 months ago #8

• Tim Ayres
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi Jen
Re our chat last night. You can count me in as long as I can thumb a lift. DoB is 24 December 1960 and vets cat: is M50.
Tim
TimA

Vets XC relay 5 October 2013 10 years 6 months ago #9

• Jenny Cooper
HI all

Due to lack of sufficient interest I have decided not to entry any teams in this next year. However, the YVAA is incorporated in the Cusworth 10k which is the Sunday 6th Oct if anybody is still wanting to test themselves in their age group and still have a run that weekend.

thanks to those who showed an interest, we need to round up more people next year. Jenny

Vets XC relay 5 October 2013 10 years 6 months ago #10

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
It saddens me and others I have spoken to that we can't find a few Vets who can run 2 miles each in a cross-country team event only 40 miles away. I don't see any other events in the calendar to cause people to avoid this.

:(

Vets XC relay 5 October 2013 10 years 6 months ago #11

• Neil Wallace
Agree. I've now entered other weekend race. And I've said it before and won't go beating the drum but the Club needs to consider alternatives to get folk competing; not all are as daft as me, so perhaps a monetary (travel subsidy?) or gift (voucher) incentive is required. At least have the discussion...

NtS
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Vets' Races Vets XC relay 5 October 2013