Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: WYWL Race Schedule 2014-15

WYWL Race Schedule 2014-15 9 years 7 months ago #1

• Dave Butler
Race 1: 7th December 2014, Dewsbury (10.00am)
Race 2: 4th January 2015, Stainland (10.00am)
Race 3: 25th January 2015, Craven Energy (10.00am)
Race 4: 8th February 2015, LBT (10.00am)
Race 5: 1st March 2015, Baildon (2.00pm Start)
Reserve date: 16th March 2015

Inter league Peco Race: ??? March 2015 (TBC)

Presentation event: 20th March 2015 Pudsey (TBC)

This season we plan to try a new timing technology (sumilar to that user at Park Runs)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WYWL Race Schedule 2014-15 9 years 7 months ago #2

• Neil Wallace
Thanks for the info Dave - acknowledge this schedule is likely still fluid...FYI a new, local half has just been announced for 8/2/15 at Harewood House - www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/events/runs/...e-half-marathon.aspx

NtS

WYWL Race Schedule 2014-15 9 years 7 months ago #3

• Dave Butler
Sorry Neil these dates are now set. I dont see them changing. We spent alot of time looking at the usual race calendars , impossible to avoid a clash somewhere.

WYWL Race Schedule 2014-15 9 years 7 months ago #4

• Dave Butler
Abit of advance information. During the 2014 - 15 X-Country season we plan to trial a new method of capturing the finishing positions etc. Similar technology as used in the park runs.
Member of Stainland recently developed a tag based soltuion which if all goes to plan will speed up the process of compiling the results on the day. Tests runs on a few local races went well.
Will require abit more planning on assigning the tags however for the first time we would be able to record times on the x-country races not just finishing positions.

Will put out more detail nearer the time.

WYWL Race Schedule 2014-15 9 years 7 months ago #5

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
You of course all know what this means......

Will be able to include these races in the inhouse.

I did like racing for position only though and forgetting about time. The lollypop-less stick which was temporary reward, clutching for it whilst sprinting accors the line fit to collapse but mustering just enough energy to focus the eyes on the number written in black marker which triggered an overwhelming feeling of dissapointment at the amount of effort expended relative to the meager return which that black number signified. Now when Im at the bottom of the valley climbing up to the bankhouse and there's no one realistically catchable in front and all looks safe behind I can't just cruise in thinking I'll hold my posiion. The time counts so need to push all the way.
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Darryl Stead.

WYWL Race Schedule 2014-15 9 years 7 months ago #6

• Antony Mawson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
Yes Darrryl, but there was also sprinting across the line fit to collapse then realising that there were three figures on the lolly pop stick, which wasn't good either!

Tony
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds