Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WYWL Race - 1 Dewsbury (Sunday 7th December) 10.00

WYWL Race - 1 Dewsbury (Sunday 7th December) 10.00 9 years 4 months ago #7

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
Well done all, Some mixed reports of the difficulty of the race.

Are the results out anywhere. I understand they are timed this year so I'm looking out for the for the in house.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WYWL Race - 1 Dewsbury (Sunday 7th December) 10.00 9 years 4 months ago #8

• Dave Butler
Results should be available in a few days. Ben is trying to match them up and as ever not enough time in the day.
Never going to please all with the course/facilities , however it is disappointing when comments are made with no real insight into what goes into these events.
I am not the fastest runner in the world however I enjoy the challenge of a new course. At the end of the day we all run the same course. You get out what you put in.
We live in an age where social media makes it easy to throw out critism. I would welcome anyone who feels they can do better to step forward and get involved.

WYWL Race - 1 Dewsbury (Sunday 7th December) 10.00 9 years 4 months ago #9

• James Clark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
I think the Peco league has some interesting cross country courses... If you like running round a school playing field 5 times....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Butler

WYWL Race - 1 Dewsbury (Sunday 7th December) 10.00 9 years 4 months ago #10

• Dave Butler
I ran at Nunroyd park Guiseley sunday afternoon in the Yorkshire cross country league for another club and that was a 4 lapper (6 miles). I lapped a few people there and was also lapped myself by the first 10 elite runners. Not a great feeling but what does not kill you makes you stronger.
Loving your profile picture ...

WYWL Race - 1 Dewsbury (Sunday 7th December) 10.00 9 years 4 months ago #11

• James Clark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
I have had some friendly banter with some of the Hyde Park 2nd claimers (Messrs Ogden & Ogden) - after their claims that our league is "the pop & crisps" league of cross country! Not sure how they figured that one out.

WYWL Race - 1 Dewsbury (Sunday 7th December) 10.00 9 years 4 months ago #12

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
There was a time when I thought the WYWL was floundering a little but now with 10 teams I think it's really flourishing and provides us with plenty of good competition. I used to think we might be better placed in the Peco, but quite honestly with so many runners and clubs competing in that league I think it has now become too congested so I feel we are better off where we are.
It's also good that we get the opportunity to compete against the Peco league at the end of the season. There is no doubt that the Peco is of a very high standard but its not as if the WYWL is without its own great runners including a few of our own and as has been discussed elsewhere there are a number of interesting and challenging courses which offer a good variety.
We had 33 runners attend on Sunday but with a club in excess of 250 it would be great if we could have a few more. If there is a need for more of this type of training for those unfamiliar or wary of the type of course involved then I am sure we could arrange some more sessions. In the meantime I would just like to add my personal thanks for all the organization and work that goes on behind the scenes. Please keep up the good work, as without your effort we wouldn't have this opportunity. Looking forward to Stainland in January,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Butler
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing WYWL - West Yorks Winter League WYWL Race - 1 Dewsbury (Sunday 7th December) 10.00