Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: First Time Fellrunners

First Time Fellrunners 8 years 1 month ago #1

• Neil Wallace
A few Pacers have in the past mentioned to me how 'crazy' it is to run in fell races. Not true. Some others say, perhaps even in the annual survey, that they'd like to give fellrunning a go. Well, here's a great opportunity. And there's 3 months to prepare.

BEAMSLEY BEACON
- Thurs 23rd June at 7.15pm

www.fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=4683

5.5 miles/ 1100 feet
£4.00 entry on the evening
Part flagged, scenic route with great views of the Wharfedale valley
ALL ABILITIES TAKE PART
Prize giving in pub - almost everyone wins something...last year I think a Pacer won for first fell race!

Interested? What to do now? Simple - post below and, hopefully with club coaches and other experienced members, we'll jointly provide a plan to get you to the top (and back).

NtS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

First Time Fellrunners 7 years 11 months ago #2

• Neil Wallace
Now 2 months to go

- any first time fell footers out there? This is a brilliant opportunity to try something different. Shout up soon if remotely interested, and we'll try to get you prepared for the adventure.

- could the committee let me know if anyone expressed an interest on the survery forms to attempt or learn more from fell running

NtS

First Time Fellrunners 7 years 11 months ago #3

• Paul Dewhirst
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Neil,

Many thanks for the heads-up on this one. Whilst I'm interested two things mean that I shall have to give it a miss:-

1. I'm recovering from an injury - with an instruction to avoid hills
2. I'm away on vacation for 19 days preceding this which would preclude preparation.

Sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Wallace

First Time Fellrunners 7 years 11 months ago #4

I might be interested Neil!
Lets Run!

First Time Fellrunners 7 years 10 months ago #5

• Neil Wallace
ONE WEEK TO GO

Interest has been overwhelming and I'm not sure Wharfedale Harriers will be able to cope with the volume of Pudsey Pacer entries on the day. I've contacted the pub HQ to suggest they hire a marquee to accommodate numbers at the prize giving - at last year's awards, I'm pretty sure each Pacer won a prize! Organisers assure me sunshine and splendid Lower Wharfedale views are ordered for the evening. It's unlikely that Olympian Jonny Brownlee will be out supporting this year though.

I'm likely travelling from (or through) Pudsey so will have a few spare seats free...depart no later than 6pm mind. Return before bedtime.

NtS

First Time Fellrunners 7 years 10 months ago #6

• Martin Bullock
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Why did I not see this before. Woukd have been up for this, I think!
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Fell & Trail Races First Time Fellrunners