Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rombalds Romp Sat 14th Sept

Rombalds Romp Sat 14th Sept 10 years 6 months ago #1

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
All,

Rombalds Romp this Saturday and one of the defined fell/trail races counting in the in house. Quite a unique event in that there's a choice of a Fell route or Trail route. Climbing is stated as 230meters over an approximately 7 mile course. In Fell race terms quite a sedate one and with the option of a trail route a very good race for anyone who isn't used to going of road. A useful race in prep for the cross country season which can't be far away...

14th Sept Rombalds Romp (fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=2659)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rombalds Romp Sat 14th Sept 10 years 6 months ago #2

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
A fine summers day in mid September greeted 7 Pacers who turned up for this event. 7 miles over Ilkley Moor, a trail route or fell route - the choice is yours. Gary, Karen and Jim opting for the trail and all having fine runs - Gary 7th, Karen first Lady and Jim first Vet 60. Four more hardy souls opting for the Fell route which starts with a brutal climb and then traverses the moor occasionally joining the trail route. Luke McQuade first home followed by myself then Antony in his first proper fell race, all rounded off by Caroline wining the Vet45 prize and proclaiming "I haven't won anything since I was 12!" - The first of many wins in the future? Thanks to Neil for hiking to the top of the moor and providing fine support en route.

Rombalds Romp Sat 14th Sept 10 years 6 months ago #3

• Neil Wallace
Well done all - some pics on FB... or provide email address and I'll email.

NtS

Rombalds Romp Sat 14th Sept 10 years 6 months ago #4

• caroline clarke
As much as I'd love to bask in the gloring of this 'win', unfortunately, Abbey Runners got it wrong and I was 2nd in my category! Sorry Emma Borley of Ilkley Harriers but I've eaten your chocolates and drunk your beer! She was a cool 58 to my 71 mins!

Rombalds Romp Sat 14th Sept 10 years 6 months ago #5

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
Hi Caroline,

I think it is one prize per runner as with our own 10K so Emma got the 3rd lady overall prize which meant she wasn't eligible for any further prizes and therefore you legitimately won your Category Prize.

Darryl.

Rombalds Romp Sat 14th Sept 10 years 6 months ago #6

• Antony Mawson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
Neil Wallace wrote:
Well done all - some pics on FB... or provide email address and I'll email.

NtS

Hi Neil

Many thanks for your support (once again) I will have to get to one of your events and return the favour sometime.

Please could you email your pics to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Also some very good pictures on Wooden Tops of this event

woodentops.org.uk/index.php?topic=home&subtopic=morephotos

Well done Caroline on your award, you must have enjoyed it as there's a picture of you smiling close to the finish.

Cheers

Tony
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Fell & Trail Races Rombalds Romp Sat 14th Sept