Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hare & Hounds Challenge

Hare & Hounds Challenge 10 years 11 months ago #1

Hi folks, I may see some of you at the carnival tomorrow but won't be able to help as we're doing our work challenge which is a return bike & run to Skipton from the Railway Pub at Rodley. I said I'd run it and 9 others said they'd do it on bikes so it works out at 46 miles over 2 days.
As the only runner I can't come last (for a change) so if any of you are out on the Canal on Sunday morning / lunch time, you might see us on the return leg so give us a wave, as I doubt if anyone will be down there tomorrow afternoon. All the details are on our website at Pudsey Legal. If I don't see any of you at next weeks club nights it's probably because I'm still recovering given that I've got Edingburgh Marathon next weekend. Good luck to those of you doing your own runs this weekend.

All the best

Paul
:woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hare & Hounds Challenge 10 years 11 months ago #2

• Antony Mawson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
Hi Paul

Good luck with the run, I have just left a donation on your "just giving" page.

Do you know approximately what time you will be running through Shipley on Sunday? As I might tag along to give you a bit of moral support for the last few miles.

Tony

Hare & Hounds Challenge 10 years 11 months ago #3

Hi Tony,

Sorry I missed you yesterday, as I'd aimed at coming through about 10.30 but was early!

Ironically met David (Jessica's Dad) with his "pace maker" going the other way somewhere prior to the sewage works who was going full tilt in the opposite direction.

Managed to get there and back within the overall target time (but can't say what because of the competition which ends on Friday). Right hip was an issue due to the off road we did with the off roaders on the Pie & Peas night but am still standing and due to see Matt at Sano Physio this afternoon for the free massage he promised if I finished it.

May have to give both club nights this week a rest with Edinburgh pending next weekend, but will be helping Gary out with Posthill this Friday.

Good luck with your events this week. You're busier than the Brownlea brothers! Catch you later

Paul

Hare & Hounds Challenge 10 years 11 months ago #4

• Neil Wallace
Well done on your achievement Paul - I've had a stab at guessing the Hare's time so don't let me down!. Hope you get sorted by the physio in time for Edinburgh and if I don't see you this week then run well on them tartan roads! All the best.

NtS

Hare & Hounds Challenge 10 years 11 months ago #5

Thanks Neil.

I'm hoping that lots of Tiger Balm and other assorted ointments will sort it but mainly a week off should sort it. Its a great course up there and we're making a weekend of it, and even the sun cream is going in the kit bag. Only once in the last 4 years has the weather been duff on the day, the rest of the time it's been up in the high 70's. Never thought it could get that warm North of Adi's Wall! Thanks for doing the competition but my lips are sealed. Might see you Friday night if you're at Post Hill, otherwise it will be next week. If your'e doing any of the runs that Tony is or any others over the weekend, best of luck yourself.

Paul

Hare & Hounds Challenge 10 years 11 months ago #6

• Antony Mawson
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
Well done Paul, glad you managed to finish within the projected time. I did not expect you through so early I thought it might be nearer 11am.

Good luck with Edinburgh, I will also be giving the club training runs a miss this week, but might catch up with you at Post Hill.

Tony
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Hare & Hounds Challenge