Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Running Shoes/Footwear Advice

Running Shoes/Footwear Advice 10 years 1 month ago #1

• Carl Thornton
Hi I have recently joined Pudsey Pacers I am now in my 5th week and really enjoying it.

However I am after a bit of advice. I am currently using some Saucony Triumph Pro Grid 8 trainers which I bought previously from Go outdoors in Pudsey after doing their treadmill test etc. They said at the time that I slightly under pronate, an recommended the above shoes. The guy at Go Outdoors said they were the best trainers out at the time. Forgive my naivety as I am fairly new to running :)

But I really am not happy with these trainers they seem to be flat footed and after a run of say about 5 miles or more they seem to start rubbing on the underside of my left foot.

I have had these a while but not done that much mileage in them to be honest but enough to know that I am not happy with them. So I am after some advice really is it worth persevering with them and maybe trying some insoles?

Or trying a new pair altogether? Different brand maybe? Could anybody suggest a particular brand that they would recommend?

I am doing the Great North Run this year so I really want the best most comfortable footwear.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Carl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Running Shoes/Footwear Advice 10 years 1 month ago #2

• Mark Dixson
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Carl,

I would recommend going to somewhere like Up and Running in Leeds and get a gait analysis from there. They should give you impartial advice on what running shoes are right for you.

If you find a pair that you are comfortable with make a note of the model and shop around. Try sportshoes

www.sportsshoes.com/?id=364

Hope this helps,

Mark
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Mark Dixson.

Running Shoes/Footwear Advice 10 years 1 month ago #3

• Carl Thornton
Hi Mark

Thank you for the advice, I had more or less accepted that I would have do that anyway, but I just wondered if there were any particular brand that most runners go for. But then I suppose different shoes suit different people.

I will definitely shop around though as Up and Running is not the cheapest place. :)

Thanks again.

Carl
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Running Shoes/Footwear Advice