Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Machine washing shoes

Machine washing shoes 10 years 3 hours ago #19

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
It would be environmentally sound to cull the population when they stop being commercially productive and just consume environmental resources for no gain. Not very ethical though.

Anyhow back to washing shoes debate;interesting and notable absence of opinion from the barefoot running advocates on this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Machine washing shoes 10 years 2 hours ago #20

• Graeme Tiffany
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I agree, not very ethical; but the kind of policy proposal Lynton Crosby will likely treat us to in the run up to next year's election. Not that they'd make a good job of it even if they tried.

Laughing Badger

Machine washing shoes 10 years 24 minutes ago #21

• Neil Wallace
Graeme Tiffany wrote:
Surely, all things environmental are ethical? Eo ipso all ethical stances imply an environmental stance, even if only to adopt one disregarding of it.

Ethics is based on morality; right and wrong if you will...personal opinion. Yours maybe 'Environmental' - ambiguous as that is - whereas mine is number of available shoes to be worn when I ONLY have one pair of feet.

NtS

Machine washing shoes 9 years 10 months ago #22

• David Owen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have always machine washed all my running shoes, along with a dark clothes wash, every few/6 months. Leave the laces on, take the insoles out of the shoe, then put them in with the same load. A hot ish or warm wash, never had a problem. Dry them naturally or wear them damp.
I think giving running shoes a machine wash, with clothes, is less damaging than wearing them for a 5k race.

Machine washing shoes 9 years 10 months ago #23

• Garry Leedham
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
its not the w/m/c but the temperature that kills them, wash on a low temp, but much more importantly do not put them on a radiator to dry
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Machine washing shoes