Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Message from Helen Davies.

Message from Helen Davies. 9 years 10 months ago #1

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Good morning fellow pacers, I received the following e mail from Helen Davies which she asked me to share on facebook and the forum.

Hello David,

I had the most wonderful morning as a member of Pudsey Pacers.

I contacted David Owen yesterday to arrange to run with him with Sarah’s group this morning.

When I arrived at Pudsey I met up with Sarah to ask her about the route and explained I would run with David. I became aware that the route would take me within a mile of home where Angela could meet me ( and get me out of running back up over Woodhall!).

I set off with David and ran the first couple of miles with him – dealing with pavements/roads etc.

When we began to run on the canal I asked if I could follow Sarah and explained that following her feet and calves – with verbal directions I could run independently without the “love rag”. I then followed Mary along the canal, up the cow field and up through Calverley – who had never guided or met me before – she was great! – a natural.

If any other runners passed me they gave me verbal cues so as not to startle me.

The run out was an excellent example of inclusive sport – I loved it! – thanks to Sarah and everyone.

Please pass this email on as I do not use Facebook or the Forum.

I would like to pass on particular thanks to David Owen and Katy Ralph for their continued support and facilitation – enabling me to feel included.

Happy running...

Helen

Helen Davies
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Message from Helen Davies.