Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: In House 2015 Races & Rules

In House 2015 Races & Rules 9 years 2 weeks ago #1

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
All,

Basic Overview.
Everyone is automatically included in the competition from the point you join the Pacers.If you would rather not be included please contact me and I will not count your results.

All race times are adjusted for age and gender to 'normalise' all performances and make them comparable on a like for like basis. This adjusted time is then compared with the winning time from the race and points are scored accordingly out of a maximum of 10. If your adjusted time matches the finish time you score the full 10 points, the further award your adjusted time from the winning time the less points you get.

The competition runs all year (April to April) and your best 8 results form all the races you do determine your position in the overall standing.

Races Which Count
  • -Any Race where 7 or more pacers turn up to run it (10+ for parkruns and 5+ for Fell races)
  • -Any race which has been called as a wildcard. one wildcard per member per quarter
  • -Any race in the defined series of races below

5/2 Guiseley Gallop
18/2 Meanwood Trail
29/3 honley Vets
26/5 Kirkstall vets
28/5 Apperley bridge Canter
3/6 Otley Chevin fell Race
10/6 Otley 10
21/6 Pudsey 10K
23/6 Meanwood vets
<> Leeds 5K Track
<> Jane Tomlinson Canal Race
<> John Lunn Hyde Park 5K
1/7 hyde park Mile
<> Post Hill 5K
5/7 Eccup 10
7/7 Crossgates Vets
21/7 Westvale vets
<> Round Hill Fell Race
5/8 knavesmire Vets
6/9 Wetherby Run 10K
20/9 Rombalds Romp
<> Leeds Golden Mile
<> Kirkstall 7
<> harewood Trail 8 or 10 Mile
8/11 Spenborough Vets
26/12 Chevin Chase

Any questions, please give me a shout.
Darryl
Last Edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Darryl Stead.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Burdon , William Overton, Mary Liversidge

In House 2015 Races & Rules 9 years 2 weeks ago #2

• Neil Wallace
Any chance that the In-House can stipulate that a wildcard is nominated within a specified time prior to a race (2, 3 or 7 days...)? For me the purpose of the wildcard is two-fold: to provide the nominee with potential points but also attract other Pacers to join...

NtS

In House 2015 Races & Rules 9 years 2 weeks ago #3

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
Fair point Neil, I know some people don't know until 10 mins before the start of a race whether they are going to run it or not though so I don't want to be too dogmatic

Where possible please give 3 days notice of a wildcard, and if you can pop a note on the Forum to let all know and have the opportunity to join you then that would be great - I'll open a separate thread specifically for nominating wildcards
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum In House Comp In House 2015 Races & Rules