Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Calderdale Way Relay - Sunday 17th May 2015

CWR - Sunday 17th May 2015 RACE INSTRUCTIONS 8 years 10 months ago #19

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Hi all

If you haven't read the instructions posted a couple of weeks ago can I ask that you check them this week and ensure you are going to be fully compliant.

One of the things I MUST do this week is get signatures of people running. I will be at the club on both Tuesday and Thursday. If you cannot attend can you please let me know in order for me to make alternative arrangements.

Some further important updates are as follows: -

Firstly, the Halifax to Huddersfield Road (confusingly also called "The Calderdale Way") will be closed heading South (towards Huddersfield) from the junction with the A6026 Wakefield Road to the A643 Brighouse Road. Whilst this will not affect access to Heath Rugby Club and the start and finish of the race, please be aware that the roads around the start and finish will be much busier that usual, so please allow extra travelling time.

Secondly, your leg 1 runners will notice a Road Closed sign at the top of Ripponden Old Bank, as they descend into Ripponden. Please ignore this sign, the route is open to pedestrians and the normal race route must be followed.

Calderdale Way Relay - additional information - Leg 2 Cragg Vale

Just to add to the difficult parking situation at Cragg Vale there are major roadworks on Cragg Road just at the junction with Church Lane. Therefore runners will have to allow extra time for parking further down Cragg Road and then walking to the registration/changeover point in the village.

It is really important that you take heed of the cones and park well away from Church Lane.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CWR - Sunday 17th May 2015 RACE INSTRUCTIONS 8 years 10 months ago #20

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
Hi all me again - we are in the final week (Always a worry - Please wrap yourselves in cotton wool :S

I have had 3 people withdraw this weekend so there will be some team changes to announce - If you are affected by this please sit tight I am working on new partners for you: -

Teams as of today (11th May)

A team
Leg 1 - James Cantwell Leigh Hinchliffe
Leg 2 - David Cooper /David Kirk
Leg 3 - Luke McQuade /James Clark (Michael Dixon withdrawn)
Leg 4 - Karen Pickles/ To be announced (Michelle Tenwick withdrawn)
Leg 5 - Daz BurnleyJohn Marshall
Leg 6 -Darren Barham/ Neil Wallace

B team
Leg 1 - Garry Leedham / To be announced (Dave Magee withdrawn)
Leg 2 - Jenny CooperSara Barton
Leg 3 - Shaun Denham / Steve Pattison.
Leg 4 - Sharon Hague / Suzanne Sharman
Leg 5 - Nic Anness / Lisa Jamieson
Leg 6 - Dave Butler / William Overton
Reserves are: -
Lynn McCormick Arthurs
Sara Demaine
Robert Samuels
Graeme Tiffany (Withdrawn through injury)
Dave Burdon
Richard Gibson
Adam Graves
Sue Ransome
Anna Keys

Please advise of any difficulties or injuries at the earliest opportunity please.
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Dave Burdon . Reason: further info

CWR - Sunday 17th May 2015 RACE INSTRUCTIONS 8 years 10 months ago #21

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR CALDERDALE WAY RUNNERS.
Sorry to harp on about this but this week I need to hand out paperwork and complete the team registration which unfortunately includes obtaining your signature. I will be at the club TONIGHT from 6:30pm. After the run I will then be in The Butchers Arms until 9:30ish. TOMORROW I will be at or around the start/finish/HQ of the John Carr Race 2 so if you prefer to see me there then that is fine. THURSDAY. I will again be at the club from 6:30pm and for a few minutes after completing our run (Approx 8pm to 8:15). SATURDAY I am helping the Pacers with our role in the Pudsey Carnival. If none of these times are suitable PLEASE CONTACT ME URGENTLY to arrange an alternative. I am hoping to resolve the vacant team places tonight as well.

Calderdale Way Relay - Sunday 17th May 2015 8 years 10 months ago #22

• David Kirk
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
David

You needed my emergency contact for CW paperwork

Number is 07767781599

Dave K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Burdon

Calderdale Way Relay - Sunday 17th May 2015 8 years 10 months ago #23

• Dave Burdon
  • Administrator
We are getting there folks. On the final countdown now, just need to hear from Shaun Denham, Caroline Clarke and Dave Butler. Hopefully most of you are now familiar with everything required and involved but if anyone is missing anything then please speak up. All of the information is in the facebook thread, forum or on Halifax Harriers website.

Here are the finalised teams: -
If your name has 1 asterisk then we still need to complete paperwork but have arranged to meet. If your name has 2 asterisks then we need to make arrangements to meet to complete paperwork.

A team
Leg 1 - James Cantwell Leigh Hinchliffe
Leg 2 - David Cooper /David Kirk
Leg 3 - Luke McQuade * /James Clark*
Leg 4 - Karen Pickles/ Suzy Sharman
Leg 5 - Daz Burnley/John Marshall
Leg 6 -Darren Barham */ Neil Wallace

B team
Leg 1 - Garry Leedham * / Robert Samuels
Leg 2 - Jenny Cooper /Sara Barton
Leg 3 - Shaun Denham ** / Steve Pattison *.
Leg 4 - Sharon Hague * / Caroline Clark **
Leg 5 - Nic Anness / Lisa Jamieson
Leg 6 - Dave Butler ** / William Overton *
Reserves are: -
Lynn McCormick Arthurs
Sara Demaine
Dave Burdon
Richard Gibson
Sue Ransome
Anna Keys
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Dave Burdon . Reason: slight adjustment
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Racing Calderdale Way Relay - Sunday 17th May 2015