Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Orthotics?

Orthotics? 8 years 2 months ago #1

• Jennifer Baldwin
Have been advised by a podiatrist to get some orthotics and the cost is £420!

Is this an average price?

Also would like to know if people think they are a good idea, your thoughts on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Orthotics? 8 years 2 months ago #2

• David Byrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
wow its gone up jenny I paid £170 at the lawrence clinic. that was 2011 but still a massive price hike.

After wearing them for a couple of years they are now in the bin.

beware the offer of snake oil when your injured is my advice.
Reformed runner after brush with mortality at London 2010, aspirations now set much lower, spend most of my time running with Finn in the Valley

Orthotics? 8 years 2 months ago #3

I had plantar fasciitis in both feet in 2013. I went to my own GP and was subsequently sent to a podiatrist at Armley Health Centre. I saw their head man, Mr Brown who happens to be on the British triathlon support. Looks after the Brownleas etc! I had orthotics made to measure, plus steroid injections from him all on the NHS, free of charge. I didn't have to wait long either. Got seen within 2 weeks. Don't write of the NHS. It doesn't necessarily mean you get better treatment if you paid loads of dosh.

Orthotics? 8 years 2 months ago #4

• Jennifer Baldwin
Dave,

The price for the orthotics are actually £280 but the podiatrist charge is £140 for an hour service. Think I might try some different trainers first!

Orthotics? 8 years 2 months ago #5

• Darryl Stead
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
Some years ago when I had IT band problems I went to see Andrew Horwood at the Good health Clinic via a referral from a physio.

He watched me run and had be doing exercises whilst he observed. he then made some temporary orthotics (there and then) which he said use for 3 months and do some prescribed exercises. This sorted it and I didn't need the orthotics ongoing. Think I paid about £55 at the time for 50 mins. I never got a price on permanent orthotics though.

Thought I would mention - second opinion option may be useful.

Orthotics? 8 years 2 months ago #6

• Jennifer Baldwin
Thanks for everyones replies. Yes I am going to get a second opinion, £400 is a lot of money!

Jennifer
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds