Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marathon training advice welcome

Marathon training advice welcome 11 years 1 month ago #7

• Sara Demaine
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Thanks David, it's so easy to forget the mental prep, thanks for helping hold on to that, I really appreciate you replying, Sara :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marathon training advice welcome 11 years 4 weeks ago #8

• Jenny Cooper
Sara

I agree with all the comments so far, one size does not fit all in the case of a marathon but have trust in your training and in myself.

I find visualisation helps with the mental side of things and helps you to prepare for the last 6 miles. Just remember how well you did at Spen 20, if you can do that and feel OK you will be fine on a flat 26.2.

Worth remembering that you will be well rested before the race so wont feel as tired as you do now and the support is like an extra energy gel. LOL

On a serious note, the thing to worry about now is staying well and germ free. I get massively OCD about 3 weeks before, not quite face mask or gloves but I certainly eat well, take extra vitamins, use hand gels a lot and generally keep away from bugs.

The main thing for race day is stick to your plan, enjoy the atmosphere and don't worry about other people. You will do yourself and everyone else proud just by finishing, its an awesome achievement and fantastic experience.

Hope that helps, message me if you need owt else.

Marathon training advice welcome 11 years 4 weeks ago #9

• Sara Demaine
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Jenny

thanks for this reply, really helpful, I've also messages you too, Sara :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Marathon training advice welcome