Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Races for children

Races for children 10 years 2 months ago #1

• Sara Barton
Hi Guys
I have just started a school running club for children aged 5-6. They LOVE it! I think it would be really nice for them to train for an event or race in the spring time. Does anyone have any recommendations of races for children of this age. We are located near Templenewsam so somewhere near there would work best.
Many thanks
Sara
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Races for children 10 years 2 months ago #2

• Neil Wallace
Hi Sara - Roundhay Parkrun host a specific junior event EVERY Sunday at 9am. The route is 2km and I think all on grass. This might be a bit long, though. See link.

www.parkrun.org.uk/roundhay-juniors/

Pudsey carnival on Sat 17th May will host a few sprint races, courtesy of a fantastic local running club... You might want to search for other galas and carnivals closer to TN?

Also, as part of the 10k event, the Club will host a kids race around Pudsey Park scheduled for 22nd June. Approx 400m. Bit later than spring but might be an option?

NtS
(Neil the Scot)

Races for children 10 years 2 months ago #3

• Lisa Jamieson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks Neil I didn't know there was a junior park run. I don't think 2k is too far for 5-6 year olds, Em did the Pudsey fun run with me last year and ran all the way. She keeps asking can she run with me so I might try this park run. I wonder if they 'd be any interest in starting a Bradford one; bit closer than Roundhay.?
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Races for children