Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jayne & Kevin

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #13

• Susan Ransome
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
so sad to hear the news. If it is a club issue then it definitely need to be addressed as they have both given so much encouragement to such a lot of beginners - myself included. I would like to thank you both for the encouragement and support you gave me.

If the reason they have left is not related to issues with the club itself then okay.
Whatever I wish them all the best with their running in the future and hope to meet them at races

Good luck
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #14

• David Byrom
OK it is a club issue, as it was for other members of the committee who left. A witch hunt is not required just for certain people to change their ways and to do it quickly, I'm sure this can be resolved with the right approach. At least this thread remains open which maybe indicates some progress?

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #15

• Neil Wallace
It would appear from the postings here that there are those 'in the know' and others like me who know some, but not a lot...

We have all recently been invited to feedback our views of the club (anonymously, if preferred). And the AGM is soon approaching. These are opportunities to express views and suggest improvements.

That said, I understand there was an ‘extra’ committee meeting held last week following the formal resignations of Kev and Jayne. Was it an EGM? What was discussed and agreed? I question why members were neither informed nor invited to attend this meeting? There is no copy of the club’s constitution on the webpage; I've been told that information will shortly be issued to ALL members in advance of the AGM, such as an agenda and a copy of the constitution.

The constitution should clearly explain how decisions are made and by whom. Furthermore - for those like Rachel who are interested - the constitution should explain the process of electing committee positions. If it's obsolete then why has it not been revised and updated to be fit for purpose?

NtS

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #16

• Jim Wheldon
As a rank and file PPRC member, I am uneasy about the tone and content of some replies to this topic, and would counsel caution in what is set to print. Surely there is no onus on the Committee to issue a further statement at this time. The man on the Clapham Omnibus could only conclude that Kevin and Jayne have asked that the matter remains private between them and the Committee. This may or may not be the case, of course, and the Committee may well choose to elaborate on the circumstances, but, in my opinion, are under no obligation to do so.
There are proper ways to register grievances, and should we not adhere to them, we run the risk of compounding the problem. The proper forum to discuss this issue is the AGM. As an alternative, no doubt there is provision within the Club's constitution to call an Extraordinary General Meeting (and I acknowledge NtS's comments) which would require careful and dispassionate wording of any motion put to such a meeting.
Our Committee is a democratically elected body who give of their time freely, working towards the common interest. I for one would be disappointed if there were not differences of opinion from time to time. Healthy debate has to be a good thing. We can vote on Officers and general Committee at the AGM and any concerns can be introduced in AOB if not discussed as an agenda item.
On a personal note, it was Kev who finally persuaded me, a committed lone wolf, to join the Pacers, when he collared me for the umpteenth time down in the valley. It was the best running decision I could have made. Thanks Kev.

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #17

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Sadly only a fraction of the membership will attend the AGM. Any votes cast there on any motion, would not be conclusive.

The best system of any type of referendum voting would be to e-mail/write to all members who have been in the club for over a certain length of time.

As for the constitution being on the website, good luck on that one, they don't even publish the meeting minutes for info, unless they are on the notice board.
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by John Pop.

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #18

• kath Leslie
I hope this issue gets resolved. Although studying committments and injury mean I have not been to the club for a while, I always consider myself a Pacer, and that's thanks to the encouragement from people like Kev and Jayne and all the other dedicated members of the club. Running has seen me (and I'm sure many other members) through really good and bad times and I recommend the group to others. Hope to be back soon!
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Jayne & Kevin