Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jayne & Kevin

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #19

• David Shipley
I have carefully read through the posts on this topic here and on Facebook conversations and have followed the deep and genuine level of concern noted here and elsewhere. I can only echo the wise words of Jim especially in that the proper place for a full discussion is at the AGM. I also recognise the worries from John Pop that the representation at the AGM will not reflect the seriousness of the situation. I strongly urge ALL members to attend the meeting and contribute in a calm, respectful manner. All members of the Committee have worked tirelessly for the benefit of the Club. If things have gone wrong then they can be put right with a united response. This is our Club not a one- or two-person bandwagon and must be treated as such. Email messages to ALL members in or out of the country would be appreciated before the meeting as some in particular (meaning Debbie and me) will obviously not be able to attend the AGM. We know the future of the Club is in good hands.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #20

• James Clark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Surely this is just a cunning ruse to get people to go to the AGM? You crafty crafty devils

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #21

• Ashley
As with the rest of the Club I was surprised to hear of the resignation of Kevin and Jayne. Some of the best sessions I have had at the Club have been with Kevin. A very good coach and top bloke despite supporting West Ham! I can’t comment on Jayne as I have never run with her training groups but, from the outside I could see Jayne was very effective and enthusiastic and has achieved fantastic results with her runners. The loss of anyone who contributes as much as these two did is a loss to any club and I personally if I see them will ask them to come back.

Obvious not common knowledge but I spent 20 years at two of the biggest Athletic Clubs in Leeds, Leeds City AC and Skyrack AC. At both clubs I was a committee member and coached and was a team manager for Track and field teams. I have trained with some of the best runners in the district and even country in runners like Andrew Pearson, David Webb, and Mark Sesay. I eventually resigned from the club because of the internal politics etc... Because I just wanted to enjoy my running, coaching and racing it should not be taken too serious!

Without a club, I did some research I without doubt the best club to join after these two in my opinion was Pudsey Pacers why?

• People are friendly, we are introduced looked after on our first day
• Success in celebrated
• Feel part of a team
• Not under pressure to race
• People are always willing to help
• Coaches are knowledge and will support you
• Social events, without say
• You can lead take a run if you wish
• Meet a lot of nice people

I could actually go on and on, I can assure you all this did not happen at two of the biggest clubs in Leeds.
As humans we are all different and we have our personal choices. Some coaches we respect and enjoy their sessions, they basically suit our running needs. It the same with personalities, some people we get on with some we don’t. My personal experience of coaches at Pudsey has been fantastic! Dave Burdon, Kevin, Andy, John Prid, John Marshall etc... I have also enjoyed my runs when led by volunteers, Neil Wallace, Andrew Byrom, Sean Casey, Darren Burnley, Nigel Armstage, Mark Dixon, Steve Pattinson the list is endless. I am convinced they all care about the runners in their groups. How many times have I been injured running? I remember John Marshall almost carrying me back when my back went, the concern was clear to see. It is also nice to see keen and enthusiastic coaches coming through, In Andrew Hardacker in my opinion, we have a very talented and motivational coach who needs our support and we will definitely benefit from this.

Sorry Jon I have to disagree with you negative comment about coaches and future coaches. I think this is a bit of déjà vu with your complaining from our Leeds city days. :ohmy:

I wish to go to the AGM to celebrate our success! We have some fantastic runners who have been very successful and deserve the recognition! We have team managers and coaches who also have achieved succeed and deserve credit. We have lost a very popular member of the club, let’s remember him with fondness. Let’s promote our fantastic club! And attract even more members; we don’t want to lose any more due to in-house bickering!
Personal vendettas should be sorted out in private, why does everyone need to be involved?
Come on everyone work together and let’s continue to build a successful club! Thank you for reading this if you have done so,

Ps can you tell I have got a snow day!

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #22

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Ashley wrote:
Sorry Jon I have to disagree with you negative comment about coaches and future coaches. I think this is a bit of déjà vu with your complaining from our Leeds city days. :ohmy:

Ashley, if you mean me and you mean this...
John Pop wrote:
2 decent coaches gone, will the next coaches that come along care as much? Care about their athletes' more than their own development? Doubt it very much.

I don't remember complaining at my former club, I was just as passive as I am now. I am sorry if you saw what I said as negative. The words were chosen carefully with the thread subjects in mind. If future coaches do care as much as Jayne and Kev obviously did, then great. As a former coach yourself then you will appreciate that it is a demanding (if rewarding) job, and to do it right you will sacrifice your own sessions for other people. I know only because I married one (the one you omitted from your flawed list of coaches). They have to care and have the right qualities, not someone who just wants to enjoy the tag of coach to add a string to his/her bow.

Let's be positive and hope for these coaches to come along. Though it must be said we don't need the type of specific coaches that a Leeds City or a Skyrac need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Shipley
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Jayne & Kevin