Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jayne & Kevin

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #7

• Trish Pop
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I think its time the committee gave an explanation to all members why committee members and 2 excellent coaches have either stepped down or resigned from the club. It is a members club, and thats what the members want, they have a right to know what is going on in the club.
After 23 years in the club i think it may be time for a change of club also.

Trish.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #8

• John Pop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 172
Yet again we see good club servants forced to step down from the duties they have enjoyed doing for years, as a hobby. They come to the club week after week and get on with doing what they do best, and they love doing it.

I have seen both Kev and Jayne sacrifice a lot to look after new (and old) runners alike. I have seen Kev injure hmself doing it. I have seen Jayne sacrifice her own runs and training to welcome the beginners and slower runners. People like that don't just walk away!

We want to know why. 2 decent coaches gone, will the next coaches that come along care as much? Care about their athletes' more than their own development? Doubt it very much.

COMMITTEE - YOU KNOW WHY THEY LEFT - TELL US! preferably without the need to have a meeting first to be dictated to on what to say.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Owen

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #9

• Neil Wallace
I agree it is a regret to lose valuable coaches. And perhaps greater, if Kev and Jayne don't return at all? But they have come to their decision. Whatever their reasons.

The club could however benefit from some support. If clarification or amendments are needed to satisfy members of the manner in which the club will be run, then do so properly through the appropriate mechanisms. I question what good finger wagging will do?

I would invite ALL interested members to stand back and ask themselves if they would be prepared to voluntarily give a significant proportion of their time to the good of others? Yes, I recognise that some Pacers have previously been involved as committee members in the club's development. Perhaps they are best placed to offer positive suggestions to halt any further and unnecessary losses from the club?

I'm new - so what do I know? Some might say I've even stoked the odd fire before...

I may question why or how decisions have sometimes been taken, but I acknowledge they will likely be made with the club's and member's interests front and central. Naive, perhaps? I do recognise the input and time given by the many committee members and will firstly offer to support the club and other Pacers before wheeling out the guillotine.

NtS

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #10

• Rachel Hogg
Unbelievable aggrieved to hear about Jayne and Kev leaving! I train with Kev on Tuesdays (under protest!) and run in Jayne’s group Thursdays. I really don’t know what I am going to do! :(

I also like to reiterate Karen’s point about sometimes being made to feel like a “chore” if your a slower runner! It’s not all about speed, some of this “running” lark should be about fun surely??

On a separate but similar point, could the committee explain the election process of members to the committee? Do/can we as members vote for who we’d like on the committee?

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #11

• Jennifer Baldwin
I am extremely saddened (like most people) to hear the news Jayne & Kevin have left the club.

I too would like to know the reasons why they have left, if its due to personal reasons then fine I won't ask but if its something that the club has done, I think as a member I would like to know.

Jayne and Kevin have been a great inspiration to myself. I joined several years ago and I trained with Kevin and he really motivated me and got me running at a fairly decent speed. Jayne too has always been a great encouragement and always happy to help with the beginners. They will be greatly missed!

Jennifer

Jayne & Kevin 11 years 1 month ago #12

• Zoe
Totally agree Mr Byrom, they will be sadly missed, particularly by those of us who don't find running easy and need the sort of encouragement that they gave to all, will be sadly missed
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Miscellaneous Jayne & Kevin